Mar 27, 2012

We've got mail!

When I was in elementary school I used to sneak around in our basement, take piles of my mom's Southern Living magazines, and call all of the phone numbers in the tourism and travel ads section.  I would talk to the travel agents on the phone and request that they send me informational packets on whatever beautiful location they happened to be promoting.  I'd give them my mailing address, and a week later, I'd receive promotional packets from travel agents and travel bureaus about everywhere from Texas to Hilton Head to Aruba.  Big old 9 x 12 envelopes filled with brochures and promotional items addressed to yours truly, age eight.  I loved getting mail!

To this day, I still don't think there's anything quite as exciting as good old snail mail.  These days, mail is even more exciting since we live in another country, on an island far from home!

The other day we received some exciting mail which included two save the dates for weddings of dear friends and family.  It made us giddy!

I also received a sweet note and collaborative art project from Mary Stuart, one of my best friends from college.  Along with the note was a small square piece of watercolor paper with a few beautiful, pink marks on it, along with these instructions for the project:
Please take this unfinished painting and make a mark on it.  Send it back to me and I will do the same.  After a few rounds we can decide when we think it's finished.
What a fun idea, I can't wait to get started!

Have you ever worked on a collaborative project like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...