Easy White Bean Stew
Adapted from Food & Wine
- 1 package of frozen spinach, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- 1 16 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 16 ounce can of cannellini beans,* rinsed and drained
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil.
- Add the garlic and crushed pepper and cook over medium heat until the garlic is golden, about 1 minute.
- Add the can of tomatoes (and their juice) and bring to a boil.
- Add the beans and simmer over medium high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach and simmer over medium heat until the flavors meld, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste and serve with warm bread.
*You can substitute great northern beans or garbanzo beans for the cannellini beans, I have tried them all and they're all delicious in this dish!