Jul 2, 2012

The Bay of Naples + Treasures

I'm still daydreaming about the wonderful trip to Italy I took with my mom and sister back in April. In Sorrento, I enjoyed my first ever swim in Europe.  The water was freezing, and it took Margaret and I about 45 minutes of moaning, groaning, and dipping our toes in the water before diving in. We only lasted for a few minutes, the water was so cold, but we did it.  We spent the rest of the afternoon soaking up the sun on lounge chairs with my mom.

Something equally awesome that we experienced in Sorrento was visiting the small, rocky beach below our hotel. The beach was covered with small pieces of sea glass and sea-weathered, broken, colored tiles. I could have spent hours down there sifting through rocks and finding smooth, colorful treasures. It was unreal! I brought a nice collection home with me that I cannot wait to display one day in our "someday house" in some sort of creative way.



Resources
Font: American Typewriter
Arrow Brushes from Creature Comforts

Photos by Clare Wilkinson & Katrina Parkinson for C Squared W.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...