Jun 7, 2012

Art to Inspiration: Jill Ricci

I absolutely loved the Art to Inspiration piece this month, and am thrilled to have discovered a new, favorite artist, Jill Ricci.  

I love all the color and pattern within her work, and really enjoyed visiting her website and checking out her other pieces.  I found Ricci's explanation of her work to be so inspiring:
One of the most arresting visuals for me is an old wall layered with papers, graffiti and text - our modern hieroglyphics. I try to re-create this beauty in my work, the layers of time and decay are what interest me. I hope that the person viewing my work will linger, trying to discover hidden imagery and text and depending on their life experience, find their own meaning or interpretation.
I also love the layered and mixed media elements of her work, as they provide such interesting depth to her pieces such as Float, pictured below.  



If you're interested in the project learn more about Art to Inspiration and join the fun

 

TREATS
Fonts used: MegrimHaiku's Script
Arrow Brushes from Creature Comforts

Art: Float by Jill Ricci
Other images by Clare Wilkinson for C Squared W.

A verified source for the quotation above is unknown. (It is often attributed to Anaïs Nin without a cited source, and is also sometimes attributed to the Jewish Talmud, without any cited version or passage.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...