Oct 4, 2011

10 Days In Dominica: Day 4

Day 4: What has been your favorite trip?

There have been so many good ones, but I think that my all-time favorite trip has been the Seven Waterfalls hike, which I have been on twice so far, once each semester, and I hope to continue the trend! This five-hour hike is difficult and is the perfect combination of difficulty, astonishing beauty, adrenaline-pumping jumps into waterfalls, and refreshing icy swims in the waterfalls pools. I know I've mentioned the hike before, but I absolutely love it. When you finish, you are exhausted, but so proud of how far you've hiked, trekked, and adventured.
The fact that you see seven "official" waterfalls, plus several more if it has rained recently is just awesome. Swimming in the waterfalls is the best part of all, and you can swim in about five of them.
What is really cool is how different the same waterfall can look, just a few months later, based on the weather and amount of rainfall. Check out the photos below of the same waterfall, taken in February (during the dry season), and in June (during the rainy season).

The waterfall was so much bigger in June, that looking back at my photos from my first trip, I had a difficult time matching up the two.


Although I've been lucky enough to go on this trip twice (once with strangers, once with friends), I am still dying to do this hike with Charlie. He's also been wanting to go on this adventure, so we're hoping to make it happen this semester... we'll keep you posted!


***Update: I have now done this hike three times - Charlie joined me last time! It was, as usual, awesome and impressive

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...