Jul 15, 2012

Favorite Things: Travel

I'm always up for travel and love a good adventure.  I'm excited to share some past travel highlights today!





1. Charlie and I spent our honeymoon traveling around France and visiting close friends. It was amazing! 

2. I love traveling with my mom! She took us on a family trip Rome and Venice when Frannie graduated from college. 

3. We took another trip to Italy a few months ago to visit Margaret while she was studying abroad in Rome.




4. The bachelorette weekend we had with my dear friend, Sarah, in Charleston was awesome! 

5. I traveled with some close friends from Dominica to Barbados last year. We stayed at the Almond Resorts and had a great time! 

6. Recently we threw a bridal shower for one of my island besties, Kristen, and spent a night at Rosalie Bay here in Dominica. Oooh la la!





7. Chincoteague, on the Eastern Shore of Virginia, is where Charlie and I were married. {Misty of Chincoteague, anyone? This is the spot!} Chincoteague is a cute little town with lots of B&B's, a national park, a beach, lots of history, and wild horses.  We loved The Watson House, the little B&B where we stayed! 

8. We spent 4 months living in Freeport, Grand Bahama at the start of Charlie's medical school experience back in 2010. We loved living in our cute, beachfront condo at Coral Beach and would love to go back and visit sometime. 

9. The Eastern Shore of North Carolina is just as charming as Virginia's Eastern Shore. We spent a weekend in the New Bern area with my family a couple of years ago while visiting Margaret who was working at a summer camp nearby. We stayed at a cute B&B and had fun riding bikes along the water, eating seafood, and exploring the colorful little town.



10. We have a handful of French islands just a quick ferryride away from us here in Dominica. We can actually see Guadaloupe and Les Saintes from our porch on clear days. I'm pretty sure that if you can see an island from your porch, you need to visit it...

11. Also nearby is Martinique. Some friends went recently and were raving about the food and culture: "It's like an island version of France. But you need to speak some French." I'm in! Charlie, too. And for $100 you can buy a round trip ferry ticket! 

12. Guyana, South America, where my sister, Frannie is currently serving in the Peace Corps. We'll be there visiting her this time next month! 

*See that pretty peach building with the coral roof? That's where Katie lives!









13. As far as travel essentials go, comfortable shoes are a must. I have basically lived in Rainbows since college. They are the best flip flops! 

14. TOMS. Love 'em. I wore them all over Italy and raved about them in my travel shoe blog post

15. I love my little camera. The Nikon Coolpix is high quality and perfect for carrying around in your purse. 

16. Lightweight scarf. I never travel without a few of them. They can dress up an outfit, keep you warm in the evenings or on the plane, and they never fail as a beach sarong.



Fonts used: 
Impact Label from dafont.
Pea Whitney Rae by Kevin & Amanda.

Image of Martinique by The Kurz Family
Image of Guyana by Casey Grenier.
Other images by Clare Wilkinson for C Squared W.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...