Jul 4, 2012

Art to Inspiration: Smita Jacob

I was so excited to see that the artwork chosen for Art to Inspiration this month was one of Smita Jacob's photographs.  She is so talented and has some amazing photos on her blog, Hogger & Co. Her travel photos are my favorite!  I love this photograph of Smita's, Healing Yoga with Aarti, that was chosen for the project this month:


For a while now I have been wanting to create my own art based on the Art to Inspiration piece of the month, but never actually got around to it.  So this month I made it happen, even though I may have waited until yesterday to start it...  


The strength and weight of the shapes in Smita's photograph really stood out to me, so I focused on those while creating my little mixed media collage. I don't feel like it's quite a finished piece yet, but it's a start, and at least it made me get out my art supplies and spend some time creating.

Interested in Art to Inspiration? Learn more about the monthly project, sign up, and join us!

Past Art to Inspiration posts: April :: May :: June

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...