- Caribbean Vacations. More specifically, our recent vacation to the tiny island of Canouan in the Grenadines.
- Hotel upgrades from a beachfront room to a beachfront suite. Yes, please.
- The Jaden Sun, the "fast ferry," that we took from St. Vincent to Canouan. Fast, air conditioned and nicer than an airplane.
- The fresh coconut water we just had with breakfast from the freshly picked jelly coconut our landlord just gave us. Thank you, Mrs. Coll!
[caption id="attachment_644" align="aligncenter" width="510" caption="Pre-exam study zone."][/caption]
- Charlie's hard work paying off and moving right along to semester 3, but not before a well-deserved break.
- Relaxed Charlie.
- My fabulous island friend, Katie, who designed this blog's fabulous new header and created the awesome C Squared button at the bottom of the page. Isn't she talented?
- Mail from friends and family. We love emails and comments on our blog, too. Thanks for making us feel so loved! We love you, too!
- Seeing our cutie pie little puppy this morning (the one we found a home for). Her owner's boyfriend lives next door, and she's hanging out on the porch there this morning. She is getting big and healthy and is still as sweet as ever. Plus she has a new gigantic Rottweiler best friend and that makes me smile.
- Doctors who help me treat my ringworm (not actually a worm). (Even if they are grouchy and even if it requires getting 3 vials of blood drawn and tested to make sure that I don't have liver or kidney problems so that I can take the very intense oral anti-fungal medicine.)
[caption id="attachment_638" align="aligncenter" width="612" caption="Read the bottom row! (Click for a close-up view!)"][/caption]
- The September issue of Town & Country Magazine called Sewanee "the new Hogwarts." I love Sewanee! I love Hogwarts! I love that Sewanee is the new Hogwarts!!!
- Caribbean beer. Each island brews their own. Dominica: Kubuli. Bahamas: Sands and Kalik. St. Vincent and the Grenadines: Hairoun.
- Hilarious people. Last week I was walking down the road wearing as the friendly trash men were hard at work. I happened to be wearing a bright green dress. "Hello Green Lady," one of the men said. "How are you today?" I responded, "I'm fine, thank you, how are you?" The guy's response was classic -- he gave me a huge gappy smile and said, "Not as good as Green Lady." Goodbye trash men. Goodbye Green Lady.
[caption id="attachment_646" align="aligncenter" width="612" caption="C Squared cliff jumping at Bense Pool."][/caption]
- Living on the nature island of Dominica. Where else do you get to spend an afternoon with your husband and friends doing stuff like this?