Apr 16, 2011

My new fave meal...

{The Pioneer Woman}

Need a new recipe for dinner this week?  Try these Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Quesadillas.  I made these a few nights ago and they are so delicious!!!!


I seriously love Ree, The Pioneer Woman.  Not only are her recipes to die for, but she's absolutely hilarious.  Plus, she explains everything very thoroughly, so you're never confused.  She rocks.  Last night I made her Grilled Chicken & Pineapple Quesadillas and was literally drooling over them they were so delicious.  So I had to share!

Notes {mainly for people in Dominica with limited ingredients!}:
  • I didn't have cilantro, but did have sour cream which I think is essential!  
  • The jalapenos made this really tasty, too, so I wouldn't skip those unless you can't stand them.  
  • I also omitted Cajun spice/cumin and just used BBQ sauce on the chicken.  
  • I used sliced, canned pineapple from IGA and just grilled the slices on my George Foreman.  It was perfect.
  • I also just used 1 large chicken breast and it made 3 huge quesadillas.  
  • I marinated the chicken in BBQ sauce for about an hour and then threw it on the George Foreman.  
  • I also didn't follow her directions on how to put the quesadillas together and cook them... I just did it my way.
  • Before I put the top tortilla on the quesadillas, I spread about a tablespoon of barbecue sauce on the top for some extra flavor.  OMG.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...